- Please check with your insurance company to make sure your outpatient lab services are covered if performed by Baptist St. Anthony's Hospital.
- Please bring your physician orders and insurance card.
- Fasting is required for the following tests:
Any other test if specified by your physician
- Fasting patients require a 12-hour fast, small amounts of water only.
- Medications should be taken as instructed by your physician.
Once You're Here
- Please report to the Registration Desk if you are having anything more than blood work done, located just to your left when you enter the main entrance.
- Please have your physician orders and insurance card handy.
- You will be asked for your Social Security number.
- Once registered, you will be asked to have a seat until called for your lab work.
- We try to keep your time spent at BSA to less than 30 minutes, from registration to completion of your lab work.
- Most testing is done onsite so that routine chemistry, coagulation, hematology and urinalysis results are normally available the same day.
- Bacterial cultures can take anywhere from 48-72 hours, depending on the organism growth.
- Tests not frequently requested are forwarded to a reference laboratory. These test results are usually available in three to five days.
- Preliminary results are available as the work is completed.
- Critical results are called in to your physician immediately.
- All results are delivered to your physician.